Uighur question

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 17:33:39 EDT

I'm working on Uighur editing support and had some questions for you
Arabic script experts out there:

 1. Does Uighur use the Indic digits (used in Arabic today), Arabic
    digits (0-9), or both?

 2. If the Indic digits are used, does Uighur use alternate digit shapes
    like Farsi and Urdu?

 3. Is there a freely available font that is designed specifically for
    Uighur (I'm sure there are some commercial ones)?

 4. Can anyone suggest a good keyboard layout for Uighur? I've created
    a simple phonetic layout, but wanted more options.
mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu
Mark Leisher "A designer knows he has achieved perfection
Computing Research Lab not when there is nothing left to add, but
New Mexico State University when there is nothing left to take away."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Las Cruces, NM 88003