Unsensitive postscript

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 23:28:25 EDT

P.S. I work for a major database company, and there is no
way in @#$&^!* (not-bit-stripped) I could recommend to my
management that we redefine 8 characters underneath
"iso-1", the character set that forms the standard default
for most Sybase server products in American and European
markets. If ISO 8859-15 is standardized and Sybase
customers start to demand it, we will add it alongside
all the other ISO 8859 parts as yet another option that
servers and database connectivity products and tools can
support. I suspect you will run into similar
brick walls among many other implementing companies
when suggesting that "Latin-0" will just painlessly
replace Latin-1.

--Ken