Re: Etruscan

From: Gary Roberts (gar@sparc.sandiegoca.ncr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 1997 - 15:34:08 EST

> >Methinks that if one were to actually ask an
> >ancient Etruscan which direction was best, they'd shrug their shoulders
> >and get on with life.
>
> Well, they might form a committee and discuss it endlessly. :-)

I understand that this was, in fact, exactly what they were doing
when the Roman army marched in (very similar to the klingon
strategy for disabling an otherwise feisty opponent) ;-)

To add a bit of content to this message, it seems to me that Dave
Brown's suggestion on some sort of neutral directionality seems
reasonable. How do Arabic scholars like to see their Etruscan/
Mayan text?
                                *