Re: future Mac Unicode support

From: Richard Cook (rscook@world.std.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 09:57:52 EST

i'm really curious to see exactly how Apple will implement unicode
support, given the state of their language kits. i use cjk language
kits, and Tibetan (the unofficial one from Otani University).
i would like to have all SE Asian and Indian too, and in fact,
unicode support for a number of other scripts would be really useful
for some of my work.

forgive me for asking for details here, but will Apple "language kits"
be moving to unicode? fonts and keyboards?

will an Apple Unihan font (how much disk space would we talking about?)
be available any time soon?

i really hope so!

--
Richard S. COOK