Re: regexps and Unicode?

From: Mark Leisher (
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 19:43:47 EST

    Terry> Where can I find information on how to construct and process
    Terry> regular expressions for Unicode or ISO 10646 (or possibly their
    Terry> encodings)?

I hacked a rough-edged RE->Minimal DFA example that could be used as a
starting point. You can get it at:

  [Source and two patches]

I heard that there are a couple other Unicode/10646 regex packages in progress
by some well known regex gurus, but I have no first-hand information about
these efforts.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab "... I could lard the text with
New Mexico State University hotlinks and hotbuttons ..."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Paraphrased from
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- "Headcrash," Bruce Bethke