Unicode 2.0 support in Java

From: Juergen Modre (jmodre@edu.uni-klu.ac.at)
Date: Mon Jan 19 1998 - 14:55:51 EST

I have a Java application where I read files from several locations.
Now I also need to fully support Unicode 2.0.
It is also possible that the encoding of the file can change
from file to file e.g. one file is UTF-8 the other
UTF-16 and they are read in sequence in one run (have
to swap during reading).

Where can I find more information how to do so in Java?
Are there example implementations?

Thank in advance

(Hope this is not the false place for such a question)

PS:
 I already have access to the "The unicode standard 2" book.

Juergen