Re: (SC22WG20.2166) International gestures - help needed

From: Tex Texin (texin@bedford.progress.COM)
Date: Sun Feb 01 1998 - 23:23:50 EST

I have several of them. Very readable, good anecdotes.
tex
On Feb 1, 7:22pm, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
> Subject: Re: (SC22WG20.2166) International gestures - help needed
> At 09:23 AM 1/28/98 -0800, Jim Melton wrote:
> >Arnold (et al),
> >The book I mentioned above is titled something like "Dos and Taboos
Around
> >the World"; I'm fairly certain of the first words and less of the
remainder.

> I just checked up on amazon.com, and found the following links:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471595284
> Do's and Taboos Around the World
> Roger E. Axtell (Editor) / Paperback / Published 1993
> 3rd Edition
> Paperback, 208 pages
> Published by John Wiley & Sons
> Publication date: June 1993
> Dimensions (in inches): 9.19 x 6.24 x .74
> ISBN: 0471595284
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471143642
> Do's and Taboos Around the World for Women in Business
> Roger E. Axtell (Editor) / Paperback / Published 1997
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471515701
> Do's and Taboos of Hosting International Visitors
> Roger E. Axtell / Paperback / Published 1990
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471007609
> The Do's and Taboos of International Trade : A Small Business Primer
> Roger E. Axtell / Paperback / Published 1994
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471025674
> Do's and Taboos of Preparing for Your Trip Abroad ~ Ships in 2-3 days
> Roger E. Axtell, et al / Paperback / Published 1994
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471536709
> Do's and Taboos of Public Speaking : How to Get Thos Butterflies
Flying in
> Formation
> Roger E. Axtell, Mike Fornwlad (Illustrator) / Paperback / Published
1992

> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471308412
> Do's and Taboos of Using English Around the World
> Roger E. Axtell, Mike Fornwald (Illustrator) / Paperback / Published
1995

> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0875021646
> A Guide to International Behavior DOS and Taboos Around the World
> by Roger Axtell
> Availability: This title is out of print, but if you place
> an order we may be able to find you a used copy within 1-3 months.
> Published by John Wiley & Sons
> Publication date: June 1985
> ISBN: 0875021646
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0471612278
> DOS and Taboos Tape Book Deck
> by Axtell
> Availability: This title is out of print, but if you place
> an order we may be able to find you a used copy within 1-3 months.
> Published by John Wiley & Sons
> Publication date: December 1987
> ISBN: 0471612278
>
> Sounds like some interesting books! Actually, I was just going to give
the
> one reference, but the others seemed like readers of the Unicode list
might
> appreciate them, so I sort of went overboard.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --Jim DeLaHunt, Engineering Manager
> Adobe Type Library, Adobe Systems Incorporated
> M/S W-08, 345 Park Ave, San Jose, CA 95110-2702
> email: delahunt@adobe.com, tel: +1-408-536-2690
>-- End of excerpt from Jim DeLaHunt

Tex Texin                Manager International Products

Progress Software Corp.        Voice:   +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:   +1-781-280-4949
Bedford, MA 01730  USA
http://www.progress.com      texin@bedford.progress.com
June 1-4, 1998    Americas Users Conference      Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
Aug. 17-19, 1998  Asia/Pacific Users Conference, Melbourne, Australia
Sept. 28-30, 1998 European Users Conference,     London, England
Only dead fish swim with the stream.