Re: Titlecase mappings for GREEK SYMBOLs

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 13:53:54 EST

JC said:

>> Unicode maintains a "character properties database" that says these
>> six are lower-case letters.

and ME replied:

>> Doesn't mean it's gospel.

And I say... The question before us is whether or not the database is
CORRECT with respect to the actual identities of these things, whatever they
may be called. They are identified in the Unicode standard as "variant
letter forms", and they should participate in case-mapping behavior just as
their "normal" counterparts; but I think their exact title-case mappings
should probably be examined, since the question has come up...

        Rick