Indian Scripts and Unicode

From: Jeroen Hellingman (etmjehe@genesis.etm.ericsson.se)
Date: Mon Feb 16 1998 - 04:08:00 EST

I've revised and made my comments on Unicode with regard to Indian
Scripts available on the web. Please note that is as of now an
page under construction, and several tables are incomplete. I recently
received the ALA-LC Romanisation tables, and will use these to update
the transcription sections.

New are pictures to show some of the proposed additional Indic
characters, scanned from original sources.

have a peek at: <http://members.tripod.com/~jhellingman/index.html> and
click to Indic scripts.

As always, comments and additions are invited.

Jeroen
| work: Ericsson Telecommunicatie B.V., Ericssonstraat 2, Rijen, The Netherlands |
| Department ETM/RPU, Room 17116 |
| Tel: +31 161 242022 (834 2022), E-mail: <etmjehe@etm.ericsson.se> |
| home: Aletta Jacobsstraat 5, 3404 XD IJsselstein, The Netherlands |
| Tel: +31 30 6875444, E-mail: <jehe@kabelfoon.nl> |