Re: Script summary: status of ISO/IEC 10646 BMP, February 1998 - John Clews

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 18:09:51 EST

At 02:12 PM 02/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Script summary: status of ISO/IEC 10646 BMP, February 1998 - John Clews
>
>For information, as ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2 will meet in Seattle from
>16-20 March 1998, to discuss progess in developing UCS (ISO/IEC 10646
>and Unicode), I am circulating the attached to provide a simple
>overview of which scripts the UCS BMP accomodates. Sections (a) and
>(b) provide this as text in tabular form, (c) provides backup
>information on decisions taken by the Unicode Consortium and ISO/IEC
>JTC1/SC2/WG2, and (d) provides Unicode web site information to enable

John, wouldn't it have been much easier to refer people to the
(new and improved) Unicode Web site, instead of laboriously
duplicating some of the material.

The pipeline document is available on
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/alloc/Pipeline.html

For authoritative information what is in the Unicode Standard or what is
considered for addition, please refer to

http://www.unicode.org/unicode/standard/standard.html

This page (and the pages pointed to) will be updated regularily.

A./
Asmus Freytag
Vice President
The Unicode Consortium