UCData 1.1 released

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 11:41:48 EST

OK. After a short discussion with John Cowan, we agreed to make our API's
basically the same. I extended mine a bit to include some macros John
suggested and fixed some problems John pointed out.

To summarize, my UCData package provides an API for ctype-like operations
(i.e. isalpha(), etc.), case mappings, and character decompositions. It keeps
the data in external tables so they can be updated at runtime, and uses 32-bit
characters so surrogates can be handled. Endian and 4-byte boundary issues
are handled automagically. Should work with C++ and C equally well.

Once again, the code is under an X11-style copyright which means there are
almost no restrictions on its use.

The code is available at:

  [For LF lovers]
  ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/ucdata-1.1.tar.gz

  [For CRLF cranks]
  ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/ucdata11.zip

Saravasti, you are once again welcome to make a copy available on the Unicode
site.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab "... I could lard the text with
New Mexico State University hotlinks and hotbuttons ..."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Paraphrased from
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- "Headcrash," Bruce Bethke