Re: Regular expressions in Unicode (Was: Ethiopic text)

From: Kolbjrn Aamb (k.h.aambo@ub.uio.no)
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 03:15:38 EST

After reading this discussion through for the last few minutes I just
wander if there with UNICODE characters is any alternative to spesifying a
sequence of interesting characters and their relations like this
"aboriginal character spesification":

Aa::::,Bb,Cc:,Dd,Ee:,Ff,Gg,Hh,I:i,Jj,Kk,Ll,Mm,Nn:,Oo:::
,Pp,Qq,Rr,Ss,Tt,Uu:,Vv,Ww,Xx,Yy:,Zz,:,:,.

call it a local collating sequence if you wish...

THEN the Regualar expresision [A..] will at least mean all characters in
the above sequence as I see it. All characters that are NOT mentioned in
the aboriginal character spesification will then be deamed outside by the
regular expression...

only my 2 re worth...

Kolbjrn