Last message regarding libpng

From: Adrian Havill (havill@threeweb.ad.jp)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 21:48:23 EST

Eck. Apologies. I meant to put an expl regarding the PNG/Unicode msg in the
reply and CC it to Unicode, then changed my mind but forgot to take out the CC.

The only thing worse than a broken mailer forwarding nonsense to a mailing list
is a broken human forwarding nonsense to a mailing list. (^_^)

Talk is going on about making the Text chunk of the PNG support Unicode...
currently, it doesn't. They're talking about the problems with UTF-8 breaking
(well, not breaking, but libpng rejects (according to the PNG spec) UTF-8 in the
text chunk) libpng 1.0, which was just released.