RE: Java 1.0.2 Native2ASCII

From: Michael Ditto (MDitto@ile.com)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 19:59:34 EDT

The information I gathered about Java 1.0.2 is located in the JDK at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/html/javalang.doc4.html. This indicates
the version of Unicode used by Java 1.0.2.

I am aware that Hangul was changed in Unicode 2.0, but was unable to find
definitive information on whether Eastern/Western European or Cyrillic
characters were remapped. With a quick test of Native2ASCII that comes with
JDK 1.1.6 I produced some serious remapping of Cyrillic characters. I only
had time to do a very quick and cursory test, so the likelihood of UIF (user
interface failure) is pretty high. :-)

Thanks for the information!

Cheers,

Mike