Re: RE: TTF and Unicode surrogates

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 17:39:09 EDT

David Goldsmith asked...

> I mean, how fast does Klingon have to draw?

** KLINGON SHMINGON... THEY'RE A PACK OF WEAK-BRAINED TRIBBLE-KISSING WIMPS.
 I WILL ACCEPT ANY PROPOSAL ORIGINATING WITH THE KLINGON HIGH COMMAND,
PRECISELY WHEN THEY BEAM AN ARMED DELEGATION INTO THE UTC MEETING ROOM AND
DEMAND THAT THEIR SCRIPT BE ENCODED. UNTIL SUCH TIME, I THUMB MY NOSE AT THE
SNIVELING KLINGON EMPIRE. And you may quote me on that!

There are ACTUALLY more important things like Egyptian hieroglyphics, a few
"recent" historical scripts, and other large historical scripts proposed for
Plane 1. It will not be "outer space" forever.

See for instance:
        http://www.indigo.ie/egt/standards/iso10646/plane1-roadmap-table.html

        Rick