Re: IMUG 5/21/98 - Upcoming Unicode Technologies for the Mac OS

From: Dan Kegel (dank@alumni.caltech.edu)
Date: Sun May 17 1998 - 10:14:23 EDT

Thanks. That's good news.
(Factoid: Apple's Unicode efforts had been centred on
the illfated and unpopular QuickDrawGX, which is being dropped
from MacOS X. The rumor I heard was that it was unpopular
because it wasn't standard on all Macs, and it required font
makers to convert their fonts to a new format. Presumably
they won't make those mistakes again.)
- Dan