Re: Converting between Unicode and EUC

From: Stephane Godin (
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 17:26:30 EDT

I am also interested by a guide to convert between Unicode and EUC but I
did not know that there was
different name for EUC(I notice that some UNIX platform are encoding it on
two bytes and some other on tree)

For me EUC stan for Extended UNIX Charset or something like that. What are
the name for the different
variation of EUC and how can I figure witch one my system is using??

Sory for that stupid question but I am not a UNIX person...


Stephane Godin
ICAM corporation

> From: John Cowan <>
> To: Unicode List <>
> Subject: Re: Converting between Unicode and EUC
> Date: Thursday, June 25, 1998 4:11 PM
> Robert DiGrazia [ext 252] wrote:
> > Is there a guide to converting between Unicode and EUC?
> Which EUC?
> --
> John Cowan
> You tollerday donsk? N. You tolkatiff scowegian? Nn.
> You spigotty anglease? Nnn. You phonio saxo? Nnnn.
> Clear all so! 'Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:20:40 EDT