Re: DOS or Windows ASCII->Unicode converter

From: keola@leoki.uhh.hawaii.edu
Date: Sun Jun 28 1998 - 10:07:14 EDT

Could someone please point me to a program for DOS or Windows that
converts ASCII into Unicode, and hopefully one that does the reverse!

Aloha Vic,

I use Frontier (Mac and Win) to store data as 8-bit ascii, and by modifying
the rendering filter can output Unicode. Details are at
http://www.olelo.hawaii.edu/UTF8/unicode/

It allows me to keep our stuff in our custom 8-bit font format, but output
Unicode. I never have to convert back to our 8bit text because that's how its
stored.

Keola

              Ho'ouna 'ia mai loko mai o ka Leoki
             papa lawelawe ho'olaha 'olelo Hawai'i