Re: RE: Question about IBM character sets

From: Hiro Yoshioka (HYOSHIOK@us.oracle.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 16:41:08 EDT

FYI:

No character is added, deleted, nor changed in JIS X0208-1997.

However a lot of rationale, clarification, reference etc
has been added.

Their efforts are amazing.

Enjoy reading the spec.

Regards,
  Hiro

--
Hiro Yoshioka, Server Technologies, Oracle Corporation
mailto:hyoshiok@jp.oracle.com (Japanese OK/office)

attached mail follows:

Clive,

I don't know. I will forward your question to my colleague, Tetsuji Orita, at
IBM's Yamato Lab in Japan. He works on our code page definitions for
Japanese
support.

Regards,

Lisa