Re: Unicode-capable web browser

From: Otto Stolz (
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 12:37:32 EDT

Am 1998-7-23 um 14:24 hat Edward Cherlin geschrieben:
> Bitstream was giving away Cyberbit,

Was -- but lately I was not able to find any downloding offer on their
WWW page. Is there currently any offer I may have overlooked?

> I have not seen a properly encoded page including Arabic and any of CJK,

This UTF-8 encoded page is properly rendered by Alis' Tango browser
(disregarding the Georgian part, for which I haven't any font available).
Netscape Communicator 4.05 and MS-IE 4 properly render all but R-L samples
(Arab, Hebrew, and Yiddish), because I do not have R-L enabled versions of
these programs (as another poster in this thread has said, these are
available for download, but I haven't tried them yet).

This is the same text, using NCRs (cf.
<>). Tango and MS-IE
display this page as the previous one; Netscape, however, breaching the HTML
specification, cf. <>, dis-
plays only characters from the Latin-1 repertoire, in this page.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz