Re: MES-4 Proposal: SECS

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 08:20:25 EDT

Ar 15:09 -0700 1998-08-01, scríobh Markus Kuhn:
>The first draft for my Simple European Character Set (SECS)
>proposal is now available for your inspection on
>
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/secs.html

This character set was a contribution to the CEN Workshop Agreement on
Multilingual European Character Sets. It is the invention of a single
individual has _no_ official status and does _not_ reflect European
consensus on character set requirements. It _may_, after review by
participants in the CWA, with or without modifications, reflect such
consensus.

In my view it was premature for Markus Kuhn to forward this to the
unicode@unicode.org list.

Michael Everson
Editor, CEN Workshop Agreement on Multilingual European Subsets

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)