Re: MES-4 Proposal: SECS

From: Michael Everson (
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 08:20:25 EDT

Ar 15:09 -0700 1998-08-01, scríobh Markus Kuhn:
>The first draft for my Simple European Character Set (SECS)
>proposal is now available for your inspection on

This character set was a contribution to the CEN Workshop Agreement on
Multilingual European Character Sets. It is the invention of a single
individual has _no_ official status and does _not_ reflect European
consensus on character set requirements. It _may_, after review by
participants in the CWA, with or without modifications, reflect such

In my view it was premature for Markus Kuhn to forward this to the list.

Michael Everson
Editor, CEN Workshop Agreement on Multilingual European Subsets

Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta **
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn;  Baile an Bhóthair;  Co. Átha Cliath; Éire