Re: Unicode Converter

From: Alain LaBont\i\ (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 23:45:47 EDT

A 10:49 98-08-04 -0700, Mark Davis a écrit :
>For examples, I have been using a small applet for converting between
>hex representations of Unicode and other codesets (UTF-8, JIS, 8859-x,
>&c.). In case anyone else is interested, I just posted it up on the
>web, on
>
>http://www.macchiato.com/mark/UnicodeConverter/
>
>If you try it out, please let me know if you have any feedback.
>
>Mark
>
>P.S. It requires Java 1.1, so you will need later versions of Explorer
>or Navigator to try it.

[Alain] :
With the new version of Netscape 4.05 for Java 1.1 (French version in my
case), whose location was kindly provided by Erik van der Poel, it finally
works.

However this Java applet's support of the 8859 series stops with part 9.
What about part 15 which is the only part (the only fixed-length 8-bit ISO
coded character set too) to fully support integral French (and Finnish, and
EURO SIGN)? Isn't it worth an extra effort to get this table? That would be
nice and easy to do, wouldn't it? (;

Thanks in advance.

Alain LaBonté
Québec