Re: Traditional/simplified Chinese characters

From: Yung-Fong Tang (ftang@netscape.com)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 13:23:53 EDT

There are a mapping table made by the Govement of Republic of China.
The mapping table list the following:
1. Conversion table from GB 12345 to CNS 11643, based on GB12345-1990
sequence
2. Conversion table from CNS 11643 to GB 12345 , based on CNS 11643
sequence
3. Conversion table from GB 12345 to ISO 10646 , based on GB12345-1990
sequence
4. Conversion table from CNS 11643 to ISO 10646 , based on CNS 11643
sequence
and some other tables...

It is printed in Traditional Chinese, include a floppy disk

Published in Feb 1994.
ISBN 957-00-3422-X
Publisher Tel: +011-886-22-3880833, +011-886-22-3821394
Price: NT 200 (about USD 8)

Also, there are a public domain mapping table from GB to Big5-
 ftp://ftp.ifcss.org/pub/software/data/g2bchar.tab

I have use h3-30 in Directory of /pub/software/unix/convert to build my
Chinese Bible Tool. My data are all in Big5 and I do on-the-fly conversion
from/to GB by using hc . You can find the my Chinese Bible Tool in
http://people.netscape.com/ftang/BIBLE/v2frame.html (or main.html).
Remember, all the Simplified Chinese Bible page are not pre convert, but
convert on the fly by using hc in the server. ( I pre convert some static
page, but not the BIBLE reading and searching result)