W3C I18N WG and IG

From: Misha Wolf (misha.wolf@reuters.com)
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 16:58:33 EDT

Following the Thirteenth International Unicode Conference [IUC13], at which
great interest was shown in the Internationali?ation (I18N) work of the
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), I want to repeat the invitation for
motivated people to join the W3C I18N WG (Working Group) or the W3C I18N IG
(Interest Group).

To join either group, you need to be an employee of an organi?ation
belonging to the W3C. WG membership has some other conditions, including a
time commitment and approval by the relevant W3C AC (Advisory Committee)
representative. IG membership has no further conditions.

We are currently at an exciting stage in our work, which involves the
writing of specifications/guidelines for Web I18N and the review of other
WG's documents. For details, see the Web page at [Group] or, if you don't
have access to W3C member-only pages, the Web page at [Public].

If you would like to join the I18N IG, please mail [Martin]; enquiries about
the I18N WG should be sent to [Misha].

[IUC13] http://www.unicode.org/unicode/iuc13
[Group] http://www.w3.org/International/Group
[Public] http://www.w3.org/International
[Martin] duerst@w3.org
[Misha] misha.wolf@reuters.com

  Misha Wolf Email: misha.wolf@reuters.com 85 Fleet Street
  Standards Manager Voice: +44 171 542 6722 London EC4P 4AJ
  Reuters Limited Fax : +44 171 542 8314 UK

Reuters Ltd.