Re: Terminal Graphics Proposal (reverse QMark)

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 18:54:00 EDT

> >> Even ISO-Latin1 contains the reverse question mark at 0xBF, so it is no
> >> need to re-invent it.
> >>
> >But that one is upside down. The one I'm talking about is upright but
> >flipped on its vertical axis.
> >

> This important character is already on the list of characters to be added
> in one the coming amendments in ISO 10646.

As Asmus mentioned, this one is already on its way. It is encoded in
Amendment 18 to 10646, which is just entering its last round of ballotting:

U+2426 SYMBOL FOR SUBSTITUTE FORM TWO

with the requisite shape of the reversed question mark.

This character is derived from ISO 2047, also shows up in DIN 66 213,
and in various terminal emulations.

--Ken