Re: Terminal Graphics Proposal

From: Kevin Bracey (
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 07:37:57 EDT

In message <>
          Markus Kuhn <> wrote:

> Unicode is a character set, not a font. Keeping things readable is the
> duty of the font designer. Of course most good fonts will have the Control
> Pictures with diagonal letters. The ISO 10646-1 standard shows them
> all nicely diagonally. It is a good idea for font designers to have
> BOTH the Unicode 2.0 and the ISO 10646 standard on their desk, to see a few
> glyph variations as the two standards were printed using different fonts.

I heartily concur with this. IMHO, most of ISO 10646-1's glyphs are a lot
better than the Unicode Standard's.

Kevin Bracey, Senior Software Engineer
Acorn Computers Ltd                           Tel: +44 (0) 1223 725228
Acorn House, 645 Newmarket Road               Fax: +44 (0) 1223 725328
Cambridge, CB5 8PB, United Kingdom            WWW: