CHAT: "absolutely pernickety"

From: John Cowan (
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 12:22:19 EDT

Some time ago here, I attributed this useful phrase to our Michael
Everson. On perusing my records, I find that I actually acquired it
from quite a different resident of lla Ysl di llo Doethur e llo Sant,
someone who is AFAIK not on this mailing list at all.

I think the confusion in my mind arose because he (the latter
individual) was also the first to straighten me out about the formal
name of Ireland --- not "the Republic of Ireland", which is a football
team, but just "Ireland" --- and of course Michael maintains
that very information on his Web site under ISO 3166.

Fal meg.

John Cowan