Re: Terminal Graphics Draft 2

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 15:25:32 EDT

Frank,

I suspect we are beating a dead horse here, but one more
piece of evidence regarding the New Line ~ Next Line can
be found in the IBM Character Data Representation Architecture
Reference and Registry (SC09-2190-00, December 1995), p. 262.

In the EBCDIC to ISO-8 control character mapping table,
the following line occurs:

15 NL New Line 85 NEL Next Line

Not all "ISO-8" control characters map onto the standard
EBCDIC set of controls, but for this character, I consider this
strong evidence that IBM at least equates these two.

--Ken