Re: Displaying Plane 1 characters

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 10:48:24 EDT

Ar 07:23 -0700 1998-10-14, scríobh Elliotte Rusty Harold:
>David Goldsmith wrote:
>>
>>Mac OS 8.5 will also support direct input of Unicode into aware
>>applications by keyboards and input methods.
>>

>Cool! But will the necessary input methods and fonts actually be included
>with MacOS 8.5 as they will in NT 5.0? Or are we Mac users still stuck in a
>world where international text is an extra cost option, assuming we can
>even find the right language kit?

Life isn't so bad for Mac users. Not as good as we'd like, but it's
something. Everson Mono is soon to be available (thanks to some wizardry by
Rick McGowan) in proper Unicode format for Mac OS X Server (download it
from http://www.indigo.ie/egt/emono/EversonMono-1.pkg.tar), and of course
there are all the free language kits available at
http://www.indigo.ie/egt/earra_bog/apple.

And now that Everson Mono works on Mac OS X Server, I get the opportunity
to decide to buy me a new G3 machine. :-)

Thinking different,

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)