Re: Burmese vowels

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 12:08:52 EDT

Mike Forgey asked:

> At 01:19 PM 10/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >> If 'ui' is not included as a single code, then is it expected that it
> >> should be represented in the data stream with the two codes 'u' + 'i'?
> >
> >As the proposal stands now, yes. Burmese vowel sign UI = U+172F + U+172D.
> >

> Ken,
>
> Thanks for all the information in your response. But are you sure it's
> U+172F + U+172D, and not U+172E + U+172C?

Yes, I'm sure. I'm referring to the revised code points in the FPDAM text, not
the obsolete PDAM text.

It is always risky to depend on code points in proposals at the PDAM stage,
as there is a significant chance (as for Myanmar) that they may undergo
rearrangement in the resolution of national ballot comments. I hope
no one is trying to implement Burmese based on the PDAM text.

--Ken