Re: UTF-8 text samples

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 09:39:10 EDT

Donald Page wrote on 1998-10-16 12:24 UTC:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Michael Everson wrote:
>
> > Ar 10:24 -0700 1998-10-15, scríobh Donald Page:
> > >The above attachment should contain all of the Minimum European Subset
> > >encoded as UTF-8. I created it for my own testing, but feel free to use
> > >it.
> >
> > Erm. which MES is that?
>
> Technical contents of ENV 1973:1995
> Minimum European Subset of ISO/IEC 10646-1

Michael is probably asking, because he is revising the MES at the
moment. As far as I know, the new MES-1 will look closely to the list of
characters attached below (in UTF-8).

Except for the Greek Extended section, you can display all of these
characters using

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/download/ucs-fonts.tar.gz

In the file 6x13.repertoire-utf8 in this package you will also find a
UTF-8 file that contains all 1892 characters currently supported by this
font.

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>