Re: Dependent vowels

From: Anupam Saurabh (
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 13:16:44 EST

Do you wish to know why vowel matras and full vowels are coded seperately in
If yes, then it is a requirement which facilitates many processes including
sorting, human keyboard input, etc.

You have upper-case and lower-case in English; this makes searching more
difficult in English too since it has to treat them identically most of the