Re: ASCII-ization (was Re: Glyphs of new Unicode 3.0 symbols)

From: Mark Davis (marked@best.com)
Date: Fri Nov 27 1998 - 18:19:38 EST

>In a mixed list of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean names, such as the Go
>database of international competitions and top-ranked players, your
>proposal for a single standard romanization fails the laugh test. In the

"My proposal" certainly does not fail the laugh-test, since I never proposed
anything of the sort.

You are reading much more into my message than I actually wrote. At no point
did I advocate a single standard romanization. Nor did I ever exclude
transliterations into other scripts besides Latin. Perhaps you are mixing my
message up with other ones.

Mark

--
business: medavis2@us.ibm.com, mark@unicode.org