Re: key, character and glyph codes

From: John Cowan (
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 10:23:28 EST wrote:

> The purpose of AFII is to maintain a registry, an international
> standard, of glyphs and their identifiers. This registry was
> developed in accordance to ISO 10036:1996.

According to ,
which purports to be a copy of an official ISO document, AFII
has withdrawn as the 10036 registrar. I I can find no information
on who, if anyone, has signed on; there is a mention of the Unicode
Consortium taking over (IIRC, AFII membership is currently a subset of
UC membership), but nothing official.

John Cowan