Re: Era String in Japanese Emperor's calendar

From: Aki Inoue (aki@apple.com)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 21:40:56 EST

Smita,

The "Heisei" era U+337B is a single character, and wcstombs (and
WideCharToMultiByte) generally returns a double-byte character 0x877E
for that (unless you specify compatibility decomposition, that is).

I think setting date format to gg yy/mm/dd will query the era string
from somewhere else in the system where "Heisei" era string is
represented with two double bytes (U+5E73 U+6210).

Aki

Begin forwarded message: