Re: GNU Ada95 now supports UTF-8

From: John O'Conner (jso@qad.com)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 15:05:16 EST

As Markus suggests, we are making progress, but please, please don't hack
your Greek and Japanese messages *directly* into your Ada source code.
Although a little off-track of the Unicode discussion, I strongly suggest
that you use separate "resource" files or databases for your messages,
regardless of charset, language, or platform. I'm sure that's what Markus
really meant. :)

Regards,
John O'Conner

<snip>
you can hack your Greek and Japanese messages directly into the Ada
source code with your favourite UTF-8 editor. (An easy to install Linux
RPM is available from <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/linux-ada/>).

We are making progress ...