RE: Convenient Windows codepage tables

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 20:01:40 EST

The conversion tables appear below the codepage charts. The pages all
sprout scrollbars using both IE 4.0 and IE 5.0 on my machines. I'm not sure
why the scrollbars don't appear on your machine. You could save the source
of the pages, but I don't think there are any changes between the
assignments on this web site and those in the last-published tables in
ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS. I don't know
of any easy way to get the differences with pre-Euro versions of the tables.
A programmer-oriented approach might be to write an awk script to convert
both an old table and the corresponding new one to the same format and then
run a diff program like WinDiff.exe on them. The Euro, etc., additions to
the 125x codepages have been documented several times on this list.

Thanks
Murray