Re: UTF-8 decision points: Hong Kong characters

From: becker.osbu_north@xerox.com
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 15:23:19 EST

> Hong Kong uses characters that are not defined in Unicode

An international group of scholars and standards gurus, the Ideographic
Rapporteur Group (IRG), works continuously to ensure that needed Han characters
become included in the Unicode/ISO10646 repertoire. Below is a snapshot from
an old discussion on the topic of Hong Kong characters, you may wish to pursue
later developments or your specific repertoire needs via the IRG's website:

    http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg

Joe