Re: [long] Use of Unicode in AbiWord

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 16:59:50 EST

> I think for "ONE" you should substitute "TWO", since many people have
> non-Unihan characters in their names, or so we are told.

You mean TWO of 500 million, or TWO characters? ;-)

Anyway, it's all just an urban legend, John. Nobody, to my knowledge, has
EVER provided even one shred of public evidence that any such characters
exist. Supposedly there are one-of-a-kind made-up name characters,
supposedly used in Hong Kong or Taiwan or whever ever. Lots of people
believe that, but I'm not convinced yet. I think it's just another urban
legend made up to scare people into thinking the issue is important.

The proof is in the documentation, not the rumor. Until then, I'll stick to ONE.

        Rick