Re: Empty boxes need not be (was Using *-iso10646-1 ...)

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 11:56:01 EDT

    Otto> I reckon, Mark Leisher had answered this question, back in
    Otto> 1998-12-11 on 12:41, when he wrote:
>> ... one could use special glyphs for unknown characters in certain
>> blocks, such as the "Last Resort" glyphs (including the "hidden
>> glyphs") available in two forms (below). The trick then is to set this
>> font as a fallback and select the appropriate glyph.
>>
>> BDF font: ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/fonts/lr24.bdf.gz
>>
>> GIFs: ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/fonts/hid24gif.tar.gz
>> ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/fonts/lr24gif.tar.gz
>>
>> Perhaps Mark Davis could provide an update on the location that was
>> formerly known as: http://people.taligent.com/~davis/LastResortFont/

Otto, things have changed a bit since that message. My font and glyphs are
being extended to include the upcoming Unicode 3.0 blocks.

Please note that my stuff may be changing. There is a table at
http://fonts.apple.com/LastResort/LastResort.html with some of the proposed
glyphs for ATSUI in MacOS and there may be some changes in one or both glyph
sets.

My temporary LastResort stuff is available from:

  http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/lr.html
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Life is like Sanskrit read to a pony.
New Mexico State University -- Lou Reed
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL
Las Cruces, NM 88003