Re: Is the Unicode Character set supported by VBScript?

From: Tony Graham (tgraham@mulberrytech.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 19:21:21 EDT

At 30 Apr 1999 17:04 -0700, Magda Danish (Unicode) wrote:
> > We are a company in the Middle East and I have an urgent query. I would
> > like to know if the Unicode character set is supported by VBScript. I know
> > Java and JavaScript do support it.

The VBScript 5.0 help file lists occurrences of "Unicode" for five
topics:

  Asc function

  Chr function

  CreateTextFile method

  OpenAsTextStream method

  OpenTextFile method

In short, you can use AscW with Unicode characters and ChrW with
Unicode character codes. You can also explicitly open text files and
text streams as comprising Unicode characters.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham mailto:tgraham@mulberrytech.com
Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street Direct Phone: 301/315-9632
Suite 207 Phone: 301/315-9631
Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285