Re: FW: Question...

From: Jonathan Coxhead (jonathan@doves.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 21:01:24 EDT

 | > I am going to write a program, transfering Unicode data through TCP/IP
 | > connection.
 | > But due to this NULL, I realized that the data transmission can be
 | > broken.
 | > Is there any solution on that?

   The nul character (ASCII '\0') will pass through a T C P/I P
connection as easily as any other. As long as you don't try to find out
how many characters you've received by calling strlen() (and you
wouldn't do that, would you?), then everything is fine.

   There are a lot of GIF and JPEG images delivered to web browsers
every second, and they wouldn't work otherwise!

        /|
 o o o (_|/
        /|
       (_/