Re: Internationalization--Standard Conventions

From: Markus Kuhn (
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 21:49:35 EDT

"G. Adam Stanislav" wrote on 1999-05-30 01:26 UTC:
> Plus 1 K in computerese is actually 1.024 K anywhere else. Ah, don't get me
> started! :-)

As you might guess, I have been in such threads before. All my
accumulated knowledge about this topic, plus my nice solution as well as
a less nice proposed ISO/IEC solution to fix it, can be found in

If you read this text carefully, you'll find out, why this is still very
much related to Unicode (the suggested notation uses U+2082).

Email: mkuhn at,  WWW: <>