Re: Internationalization--Standard Conventions

From: Alain LaBont\i\ (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Sun May 30 1999 - 10:20:39 EDT

A 04:58 99-05-30 -0700, Marion Gunn a écrit :
>>> 00 in most countries (as recommended by ITU-T E.163)
>>> 19 in France (I think)
>>> 011 in North America (I think)

France changed a few years ago. I know that 19 is not used anymore. I do
not remember if it is 00 as I personally use Canada Direct all the time
when I am there, but I believe it is.

In Canada or the US, it is 011 for a direct call, 01 for an automated
calling-card-driven call. I use both all the time, depending whether I am
at home/office [direct, 011] or not. 01 allows to charge the call to a
third party. The voice menu in Canada drives the operation (you have a
choice of language first then instructions).

Alain LaBonté
Québec