Re: Internationalization--Standard Conventions

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Sun May 30 1999 - 13:05:50 EDT

Ar 09:36 -0700 1999-05-30, scríobh John Cowan:

>> [U.S. folks] simply have no
>> REASON to learn a different system, even if that system is simpler to use.
>
>Agreed.

DISagreed. The fact that I was bad at math as a kid means that I was at a
disadvantage by having to use a complex system when a perfectly good simple
system exists. The fact that we live in a global internet connected world
means that people in Nebraska who may never leave the US in their lives can
still talk to people in Namibia, buy their products, talk about weight
loss, whatever. So now there's more reason than ever.... :-)

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)