Re: Internationalization--Standard Conventions

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Sun May 30 1999 - 13:31:16 EDT

G. Adam Stanislav scripsit:

> Yes, and the whole use of points in computer typography. Not only are they
> not metric, they are not really traditional points either.

We hammered this out on this list earlier. The traditional point was
defined in terms of the inch, but the definition of the inch has
changed since then (from 1/39.37 cm to 2.54 cm). The TeX point
(1/72.27 inch) and the Postscript point (1/72 inch) are only off
the traditional point by a few nanometers and a few micrometers respectively.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.