Re: (Re: Unicode mapping table need help) Euro sign encoding

From: Erik van der Poel (
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 23:46:12 EDT

Does it actually work? When you use the "A" functions (e.g.
ExtTextOutA), does Windows convert from CP1252 to Unicode before
accessing the font? What does the old (euro-less) CP1252 -> Unicode
converter do with 0x80? Does it change it to 0x0080?

Even if it does work, I don't think it's a clean solution. Assigning the
euro glyph to U+0080 violates the spirit of the Unicode standard, if not
the letter.

Or, as someone else so succinctly put it, "Yuck".

Oh well, I guess we all have our own points of view.