RE: FTP at Unicode.ORG

Date: Tue Jun 15 1999 - 07:24:54 EDT

Can I volunteer to run a mirror?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Everson <>
Sent: 15 June 1999 02:52
To: Unicode List <>
Subject: RE: FTP at Unicode.ORG

>From: Gianni Mariani <>
>That's nice, how exactly are people going to
>get access to that data ? When can I tell my
>manager that I'll be able to expect a response
>from the Unicode consortium ?
>Sorry if I sound a shade stroppy, but this is
>unacceptable. The least I would expect is that
>the consortium gives a time estimate as to when
>it will know how long things will take to become
>normal again.

While Sarasvati may be divine, her minions are only mortal. It's not as
though you are paying for the service. It's voluntary from some big
important companies.

Michael Everson * Everson Gunn Teoranta *
Guthán: +353 1 478 2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn;  Baile an Bhóthair;  Co. Átha Cliath; Éire