Re: resend my last message

From: Akerbeltz Alba (akerbeltz.alba@virgin.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 15:46:17 EDT

here goes:

Kaixotxo Lagunok / Hiya all

I’m still new to this list, so please bear with me if I sound stupid.

There are a few characters which I would like to see included in further
updates, but even after reading the info on the website I’m not too sure
about how to go about that, apart from that they seem to suggest that
everyone should first mail their ideas to this list - so here goes.

It’s mainly a number of characters used widely in Amerindian writing
systems:

(I think a number of the vowel with cedilla are already in, but I have
mislaid my Unicode book at the moment because I’m moving and can’t check)

a̢ Latin letter A with cedilla (Navajo, Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

á̢ Latin letter A with cedilla and acute (Navajo, Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

e̢ Latin letter E with cedilla (Navajo, Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

é̢ Latin letter E with cedilla and acute (Navajo, Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

è̢ Latin letter E with cedilla and grave (Tuscarora)
   (Capital and Small)

i̢ Latin letter I with cedilla (Navajo, Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

í̢ Latin letter I with cedilla and acute (Navajo, Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

u̢ Latin letter U with cedilla (Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

ú̢ Latin letter U with cedilla and acute (Lakhóta)
   (Capital and Small)

o̢ Latin letter O with cedilla (Navajo, Lakhóta)
    (Capital and Small)

ó̢ Latin letter O with cedilla and acute (Navajo, Lakhóta)
    (Capital and Small)

m Latin letter M with macron below (Nuxalk (Bella-Coola))
    (Capital and Small)

n Latin letter N with macron below (Nuxalk (Bella-Coola))
    (Capital and Small)

l Latin letter L with macron below (Nuxalk (Bella-Coola))
   (Capital and Small)

m̷ Latin letter M with stroke (slash) (Nuxalk (Bella-Coola))
    (Capital and Small)

n̷ Latin letter N with stoke (slash) (Nuxalk (Bella-Coola))
   (Capital and Small)

ȧ Latin letter A with dot above (Cheyenne)
   (Capital and Small)

ė Latin letter E with dot above (Cheyenne)
   (Capital and Small)

ȯ Latin letter O with dot above (Cheyenne)
   (Capital and Small)

a Latin letter A with macron below (Chickasaw)
   (Capital and Small)

i Latin letter I with macron below (Chickasaw)
   (Capital and Small)

o Latin letter O with macron below (Chickasaw)
   (Capital and Small)

ĝ Latin letter G with circumflex (Aleut, Micmac)
   (Capital and Small)

x̂ Latin letter x with circumflex (Aleut)
   (Capital and Small)

Actually I have more, but I think I'll leave it at this today.
Looking forward to hearing from you

Michael Bauer

Eztogu erdarazko itzik aotan erabili bear,
   esan nai doguna euskarazko itzakaz esan daikegunean

We do not have to use foreign words in our mouths
  when that which we wish to say may be expressed with Basque words