Rosetta Stone and Klingon

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 11:21:52 EDT

The cover of the Unicode 2.0 Standard shows a photo of the Rosetta
stone. I am curious whether Unicode 3.0 or ISO 10646:1999 will allow us
to encode the entire inscription of the stone. Any idea?

Another curious side note: Prof. Robert Dewar of NYU claimed in a
discussion with me a few days ago that Ludwig Zamenhof's Esperanto is
now only the second most popular artificial language and that Marc
Okrand's Klingon has caught up recently very significantly, with
millions of Star Trek fans all over the world who have learned and
started using it, especially children. <http://www.kli.org/>

Markus